Thursday 29 October 2015

Devi Mahatmyam


DEVI MAHATMYAM

DEVI ARGALA STHUTHI
(The fountain of prayer to the Goddess)

21. Devi bakthajanodhama dathanandodhaye ambike,
Roopam dehi, jayam dehi yaso dehi, dwisho jahi.
Hey Goddess who gives salvation to your devotees, give me looks. Give me victory, give me fame and destroy my enemies.
22. Patneem manoramam dehi, mano vruthanu sareenim,
Tharinim durga samsara sagarasya kuloth bhavam.
Hey Goddess give me a very pretty wife, who would obey my mind, who would help me cross this unfathomable sea of material life and who will make my mind happy.
23. Idham sthothram padithwa thu Maha sthothram paden nara,
Sa thu saptha sathi samkhya vara mapnodhi sampadham.
A man who reads this prayer and then reads “Devi Mahatmya” would get great material and spiritual wealth.

(to be contd.....)

No comments:

Post a Comment