Tuesday 9 August 2016

Devi Mahatmyam






Sri Devi Mahatmyam
Prathama Charitham
(First Part)
Pradhmao adhyaya: Madhu Kaidaba Vadha Varnanam
Chapter 1: Description of Killing of Madhu and Kaidabha.
21.  Pravruthim swajanacha dharanam chaathra samsthitha,
       Kim nu thesham gruhe, ksemakshemam kim nu sampratham,
22.  Kadam they kim nu sad vrutha durvrutha kim ne mey sutha.

“I do not know sitting here, about the well being of my sons, wives and other relatives. I do not know whether they are happy or suffering in their homes. I do not know whether my sons are well behaved or of bad character. ”

23.  Rajo Uvacha
       Yair nirastho Bhavan Lubhdhair puthra dharadhibhir dhanai,
       Theshu kim bhavatha snehamanubhadnadhi manasam.
The king told:-
“You have been driven out by your sons and wives due to their intense longing for money. Why is it your mind still loves them?”

24.  . Vysya Uvacha
       Evaethadyadha praha bhavanasmadgatham vacha,
       Kim karomi na bhadnathi mama nishtooratham mana.
Vaisya told:-
“Whatever has been told by you are the truth but somehow my mind does not take recourse to cruel hatred.”

25.  Yai ssandhyajya pithru sneham dhanalubdhair nirakruthai,
       Pathi swajana hardamcha hardhi theshweva me mana.

My mind still has love for those, who have driven me out forsaking love towards father, love towards husband and love towards ones own people.

(to be contd.....)

No comments:

Post a Comment