Wednesday, 20 November 2013
Sri Lalitha Sahasranamam
The sacred abode of Sri Lalithambika is the Sree nagaram. Sree nagaram has 25 streets encircling it. They are made of iron, steel, copper, lead, alloy made of five metals, silver, gold, the white Pushpa raga stone, the red Padmaraga stone, Onyx, diamond, Vaidoorya, Indra neela (topaz), pearl, Marakatha, coral, nine gems and mixture of gems and precious stones. In the eighth street is the forest of Kadambas or Kadamba Vanam. This is presided by Sri Syamala Devi. In the fifteenth street live the Ashta Digh palakas. In the sixteenth lives Sri Varahi alias Sri Dandini who is her commander in chief of Sri Lalithambika’s army. In the seventeenth street live the different Yoginis. In the eighteenth street lives Sri Maha Vishnu.In the nineteenth street lives Sri Esana, in the twentieth Sri Thara Devi, twenty first Sri Varuni , the twenty second Sri Kurukulla who presides over the fort of pride, twenty third Sri Marthanda Bhairawa, twenty fourth the moon and twenty fifth Sri Manmatha presiding over the forest of love.
In the center of the Sree Nagaram is the Maha Padma Vana - the great lotus forest, and within it the Chintamani Griha ot the house of holy thought. In its north east is the Chid agni kunda and on both sides of its eastern gate are the houses of Sri Manthrini and Sri Dhandini. On its four gates stand the Chaduramnaya gods for watch and ward. And within it is the Sree chakram.
Sri Lalitha Sahasranamam: Meaning
6. Udyath bhanu sahasrabha - She who glitters like thousand rising suns
7. Chadur bahu samanvidha - She who has four arms
8. Ragha Swaroopa pasadya - She who has love for all in the form of rope or pasa - which she holds in one of her left hands
9. Krodhakarankusojwala - She who glitters and has anger in the form of Anghusa –in one of her right hands.
10. Mano Rupeshu Kodanda - She who has the bow of sweet cane which is her mind
(…..to be continued)