Monday 29 June 2015

Devi Mahatmyam

DEVI MAHATMYAM
DEVI KAVACHAM
(Armour of the Goddess)

22.  Adhare Cha amrutha kala, jihwayam thu saraswathi,
       Dandhan rakshathu Kaumari, kanda madhye thu Chandika.

Let my lips be protected by Chandra Kala, (she who wears the crescent moon) Sarawathi (Goddess of learning) my tongue, Kaumari (She who is a young girl) my teeth and chandika (she who cannot be measured) the middle of my neck.

23.  Gandikam chithraganda, cha mahamaya cha thaluke,
       Kamakshim Chibukam raksseth, vacham me sarva mangala.

Let my throat be protected by Chitra Ganda(She who is picturesque), Mahamaya(great enchantress) protect the small tongue, Kamakshi(She who has attractive eyes) protect my beard and voice be protected by Sarva mangala. (She who gives all that is good)

24.  Greevayam Badhrakali cha prushtavamse danurdhari,
       Neelagreeva bahikante nalikam nalakoobhari.

25.  Gadga dharinyobhou skandow bahu me vajra dharini,
       Hasthayor dhandini rakshed ambika cha anguleeshu cha.

Let Badrakali (the black goddess who protects) protect my neck, Neelagreeva (the goddess who is blue) protect the back portion of my neck, Nalakoobari protect the neck joint, Gadgadharini (She who holds the sword) protect my shoulders, Vajradharini (She who holds Vajrayudha) protect my arms, dhandini (She who punishes) protect my hands and Ambika (she who is the mother of the world) protect my fingers.

(to be contd.....)

No comments:

Post a Comment