Monday 3 August 2015

Devi Mahatmyam


DEVI MAHATMYAM
DEVI KAVACHAM
(Armour of the Goddess)

31.  Roma koopani Kaubheri twacham Vageeswari Thadha,
       Raktha majjavasa mamsanya asthi medhamsi parvathi.

Let the hair pores all over the body be protected by Kaubheri (The female power of the of Kubhera), skin be protected by Vagheeswari, (The goddess of words) and let Parvathy (The daughter of the Mountain) protect my blood, flesh, juices bones and fat.

32.  Andhrani kala Rathrischa, piuthancha makuteswari,
       Padmavathi padma kose kaphe choodamani sthadha.

Let my intestines be protected by Kala Rathri, (Goddess of Dark night) the bile be protected by Magudeswari, (Goddess who wears a crown, heart be protected by Padmavathi)(Goddess who sits on lotus) and let Choodamani (Goddess who is a great gem) protect my phlegm

33.  Jwalamukhi nakha jwalam abhedya sarva sandhishu,
       Shukram brahmani me rakshed chayam chathreswari Thadha.

Let the shine of my nails be protected by Jwalamukhi (She who has a face of a flame), all the joints be protected by Abhedya (She who cannot be injured), shadow be protected by Chatreswari (She who is like an umbrella) and Oh Brahmani (The female power of Lord Brahma) protect my semen.

34.  Ahankaram Mano budhim rakjsha me dharma charini,
       Pranapanou thadha vyana samana dhanameva cha,
     
35.  Yasa keerthim cha Lakshmin cha Sadha rakshathu Chakrini,
       Gothram Indrani me raksheth pasunme raksha Chandika.

Hey Dharmacharini(she walks on the path of Dharma), please protect my mind, intellect and my ego. Let the winds of the body viz. Prana, Apana, Vyana, Samana, Udhana. as well as fame, good name and wealth be protected by Chakreswari(She who wields the holy wheel). Hey Indrani(The female power of Lord Indra) protect my progeny and Hey Chandika(She who cannot be measured) protect my cows.

(to be contd.....)

No comments:

Post a Comment