Sri Devi Mahatmyam
Chapter 2: Killing of the armies of Mahishasura.
6. Swarga nirakrutha sarve thena devagana bhuvi,
Vicharanthi yadha marthya mahishena durathmana.
Driven out from heaven by the bad soul Mahishasura all groups of Devas are traveling in the earth like human beings.
7. Ethadwa kaditham sarva amarari cheshtitham,
Saranam cha prapanna smo vadha sthasya vichinthyathaam.
We have told you all actions of Mahishasura and have sought your refuge. Please think about how he can be killed.
8. Iththam nisamya devaanaam vachamsi Madu soodhana,
Chakara kopam sambhooscha brukuti kuti lalanou.
Thus hearing the words of the devas, Lord Vishnu and lord Shiva, with a face with eyebrows curved, became very angry.
9. Thatho kopa poor nasya chakrino vadanasthada,
Nischakrama mahathejo brahmana sankarasya cha.
Then from the very angry and broad face of Vishnu and the faces of Lord Shiva and Lord Brahma, one lustrous power arose.
10. Anwesham chaiva devanam sakradheenam sareeratha,
Nirgatham samuhatheja thachaikyam samagachatha.
From the bodies of all devas including Indra very large lustrous power arose and became united with this power.
(to be contd…..)
Post a Comment