Wednesday 10 August 2016

Devi Mahatmyam





Sri Devi Mahatmyam
Prathama Charitham
(First Part)
Pradhmao adhyaya: Madhu Kaidaba Vadha Varnanam
Chapter 1: Description of Killing of Madhu and Kaidabha.

26.  Kimethannabhi janami jananabhi maha mathe,
       Yath prema pravanam chitham viguneshwabhi bandhushu.

Hey great soul, though I am intelligent, my mind has love towards those relations who are not good. I am not able to understand why.

27.  Tesham kruthe mey niswaso daurmanasyam na jayathe,
       Karomi kim yanna manastheshwa preethishu nishtooram.

Because of them I have hard breath and deep sorrow but my mind is not cruel on them who do not have love for me.

28.  Markandeya Uvacha:-
       Tathasthou sahiothou vipra, tham muneem samupasthithou,
       Samdhir nama vysyo asou sa cha parthiva sathama.

Markandeya told:-
Hey Brahmin, after that the Vysya called Samadhi and that great king joined together and went near that sage.

29.  Kruthwa thu thou yadha nyayam yadarham thena samvidham,
       Upavishtou kadha kaschit chakrathu r vysya parthivou.

The Vysya and the king after holding conversation with the sage according to etiquette told him some news and stories.

30.  Rajo Uvacha
       Bhagavatswamaham prashtu michakyam vadasya that,
       Dukhaya yanme manasa swa chitthaaya thathaam vinaa.

Hey great soul, I want to ask you a question. Why is it that my mind is not under my control? Why does it create sorrow for me? Please tell me this secret.

(To be contd…..)


No comments:

Post a Comment